What you need to know about winter care for Pets
Winter was raided recently, but suddenly and with abundant snow and frost. How to properly care for a pet and what you need to know, not to hurt the pet — say the experts of the American society of domestic animals ASPCA .
1. Extreme changes in temperature dry the skin and can cause cracking. In addition, upon returning home, be sure to look at the skin between the toes on the paws of the animal — there can form ice . After walking paws it is advisable to wipe.
2. To cut an animal in winter is impossible — because you are depriving him of the opportunity to bask. If the hair is too long, it can be cut, but the majority should still remain. If the animal is actively shedding there is a sense in the bitter cold to take him for a walk in special clothing, which will help to keep warm.
3. If the walk is going to be long, it makes sense to grab a towel and from time to time to wipe paws and belly . removing snow, sand and what-they’re-there-even-with-sand-pour is that at -5 degrees under the feet of a sucking mess around and freezing puddles.
4. In a particularly cold time cannot be carried away by frequent washing of the animal — it dries the skin. If you think it necessary, talk to the veterinarian who will help to find the right”winter” shampoo.
5. The skin on the feet and especially between the toes, it is advisable to wash with a solution of herbs . to reduce the risk of inflammation. And best of all protect feet special shoes and “socks”.
6. In winter, animals need a little more food . than usual, and the drinker should always be plenty of food. Full animal freezes longer, and the abundance of water in the body will not let the skin peel off.
7. Pets not allowed to sleep on the cold floor! Therefore, pay special attention to their litter in the winter, it is dry, warm and comfortable.
8. Even those dogs that “nature” created for life on the streets in winter can is banal to freeze (or “just” to freeze some parts of the body), to say nothing of cats and dogs breeds. Therefore, in particularly severe frosts do not leave them on the street . even if the box is insulated and built according to all rules bugcontroller art. And remember that in the winter the machine is cooled as quickly as it heats up in the summer — do not leave your pet in the cabin for a long time, his fate may be extremely sad.
But most universal rule of winter care — don’t do to an animal what you do not wish to worry yourself! All people want winter to be fed, to be warm with clean and manicured “feet” and not to suffer from disease. Animals want exactly the same thing!